Program Your Way: Learn Python in Five Days for Free
In today’s fast-growing world, computers are all around us. They’re in your pocket, your home, your car. Autonomy is in much more demand than before, powering the fabric of many organizations, facilities, and families. Technology is the future, and one way to innovate the world is by learning programming.
Introduction to My Python Bootcamp:
As I stated before, programming is a valuable skill; it’s a key that can open many doors in the future. I believe that the youth, society’s posterity, should be armed with this skill to engineer wonders within the world, and that’s why I am hosting a five day long Python workshop, Program Your Way, for free. Unlike many online courses that might demand prior programming experience to comprehend the content, this course doesn’t require any prerequisite knowledge, and is tailored for kids by kid. This bootcamp covers the basics of python, from writing a first “Hello World” program to learning functions and importing modules.
This bootcamp is a live, virtual, instructor led class hosted from July 27 – 31, 2020 at 5:00 – 6:30 PM CST.
Described below is the curriculum for this week long bootcamp. If you do not understand some of the terms in the syllabus, it is OK. This is purely for reference and nothing more.
- Python: A conceptual overview of this popular programming language
- “Hello World”: Your first python program!!!
- The print() function: Displaying more outputs in the Console
- Variables: Giving your data an identity
- Naming conventions: The dos and don’ts of Python
- The input() function: Enabling user interaction with your program
- LAB 1 – Greeting Bot, your own python personal assistant
- Introduction to data, the information all around us
- Basic Python data types and conversions
- Math in Python with arithmetic operators
- Meshing strings together with string concatenation
- Comparisons, a few more noteworthy operators
- A brief introduction to string methods
- LAB 2 – PyCalc, your own calculator made with Python
- Flow Charts: a way to envision a program and think like a computer
- If … or else: conditionals in Python
- Debugging the exceptions to the rule
- LAB 3 – Weather Checker in Python
- Data aggregates and methods to manipulate them
- For loops and While loops: doing the same thing over and over and over again in Python
- Make life easier for yourself and others by defining your own functions in Python.
- LAB 4 – Make your own Caesar Cipher to encrypt all your secrets
- Useful python modules such as math and random
- The Next Steps: Real world applications of Python
- Course Feedback
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up for this free, tailored for kids, python bootcamp here today!